You can add your own domain name and connect it to the website that you built in our website builder.
If you don’t have a domain name, you can purchase on IGeniusHost:
- Let’s say, you have purchased a domain named customer.tattoo & you want to load your website under this domain.
- You will see Custom Domain menu in Domains & URLs (follow below Screenshot) in User Dashboard
- There, you will see an option to send request for your custom domain customer.tattoo
- Before sending the request, you ned to add CNAME record to your custom domain customer.tatoo on the domain registrar (Namecheap, godaddy etc..) where you puchased your domain name from.
- CNAME record is basically needed to point a custom domain to your business domain so that your website can show the portfolio website to the custom domain.
- You will get the CNAME record data in the table in Domains & URLs > Custom Domains page of User Dashboard.
After adding CNAME record, it will take some time to complete DNS propagation of the custom domain customer.tattoo. It is said that it takes upto 72 hours to complete DNS propagation. But, generally the propagation is completed much quicker than that (few hours)\
You can visit this website to check if the DNS propagation of your custom domain is completed all over the world or not.
Once the DNS propagation is completed, you can finally send request to us for your custom domain.